Kaolin Clay Powder
₦1,000.00 – ₦8,000.00
Kaolin clay is not only used for pottery; it has tons of skin-loving benefits, including cleansing, exfoliating and unclogging the pores.
INCI Name: Kaolin (White Clay)
Other Names: Kaolin clay, white clay, china clay [it derives these nicknames due to its use in the making of China porcelain/ breakable plates/ dishes]
Obtained From: The Soil, Mountains (Nature)
Appearance: Fine powdery texture; smooth powder
Colour: Off-White to Beige colour
Usage Rate: 1 to 100% [Body wrap (spa use): 40% ; Face or body mask: 30%-70%, Cleansers or Lotions: 0.05%-1% ]
Solubility: Soluble in water; Forms a smooth paste with water
Storage: Store in a cool and dry place
Shelf Life: Indefinite
- Cold Process Soaps: First pre-mix some Kaolin Clay with water before adding to cold process soap. *Mix 1 part Kaolin clay to 1 part water until all the powders are fully saturated (e.g. mix 1 teaspoon Kaolin clay with 1 teaspoon water). After that, add the mixture to your soap. *Add in the Kaolin Clay before adding your Essential or Fragrance oil.
- To avoid clumps and streaks in bar soaps: Mix the clay and water paste very well before adding to Cold Process soap
- For Melt and Pour soap, pre-mix 1 teaspoon Kaolin Clay with 1 tablespoon of 99 percent Isopropyl Alcohol (known as rubbing alcohol) or water. Then add the pre-mixed clay, half teaspoon at a time, to your melted soap
Some DIY At-Home Uses of Kaolin Clay Powder for Beauty
A popular DIY beauty use of kaolin Clay is for personal-at-home face masks, but here are some other common DIY uses of Kaolin clay for skincare and more:
- Kaolin Face Masks: Kaolin clay powder and water paste (mixture) makes a refreshing face mask that helps unclog the pores and remove excess oil from the face
Add more water if required and mix to a desired consistency.
- A natural Talc-free powder alternative: A popular Kaolin clay powder DIY recipe is made by combining it with arrowroot powder and drops of essential oil to make natural powder
- For homemade, natural dusting powder
- DIY anti-chaffing powder: Kaolin clay homemade powder recipes are applied pre-workout to absorb workout sweat and odour, prevent chaffing and help keep a fresh smell after workout
Some Uses of Kaolin Clay in Formulation of Bath and Body Products
- Facial and Body Masks
- Bar Soaps
- Bath bombs, body washes, body scrubs
- Face Powders
*NOTE: Colour intensity of this natural clay may vary from batch to batch. **This is a cosmetic clay; For external use only; Not to be ingested/ eaten.
There are no reviews yet.