Qasil Powder Direct From Somalia (Natural Skin and Hair Cleansing Ingredient)
₦3,000.00 – ₦18,500.00
Qasil Powder, also known as Ziziphus Leaves Powder, is a natural cleansing ingredient traditionally used by the people of Somalia for the cleansing of hair and face. Qasil Leaves Powder foams when mixed with water and is then used as a face cleanser or shampoo. Its cleansing power comes from its Saponin content.
INCI Name: Ziziphus Spina-Christi Leaves Powder
Ingredient Function: Natural Cleanser and Shampoo
Other Names: Ziziphus leaf powder, Sidr leaf powder, Gob tree leaves powder, Sidr or Sedr, Ziziphus spina-christi (or “Christ’s thorn jujube), Nabq.
Appearance: Green Powder
Derived From: Dried Leaves of Gob trees found in East Africa.
Preparation Method: Dried Gob tree leaves are ground into a green powder. Qasil Powder is made by grinding dried leaves of the Ziziphus Spina-Christi tree.
Origin: Somalia, parts of East Africa where the Qasil tree, also known as Gob tree, grows.
How to Use Qasil Powder: As hair mask, scalp and hair shampoo. Also used as face mask and facial cleanser.
Benefits of Qasil Powder for Hair and Skin
Qasil leaves contain saponins which have natural cleansing properties. Due to its Saponin or cleansing properties, Qasil Powder is traditionally used as a natural face cleanser and shampoo (to clean the scalp and hair).
Qasil Leaf Powder has been dubbed as Somalia’s beauty secret for clear skin and healthy hair.
How to Use Qasil Powder for Face Mask: Step by Step Usage Guide
- Mix one teaspoon of Qasil Powder with 1 tablespoon of water to form a smooth paste
- Take some of that Qasil Paste in your palm
- Rub your palms together for a few seconds to activate the saponin, which is the cleansing agent contained in Qasil Powder. This should form a lather;
- Apply the paste to your face
- Leave for 10 to 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water
How to Use Qasil Powder As a Natural Shampoo: Step by Step
- Mix 1 teaspoon Qasil Powder with 1 tablespoon of water to form a paste
- Wet your hair with warm water
- Apply the paste to your hair and scalp
- Massage that Qasil paste into your hair to form a lather
- Rinse with warm water to remove the Qasil paste from your hair