Amla Powder (Indian Gooseberry)
₦2,000.00 – ₦14,500.00
Amla powder is made from dried and ground/ crushed Amla fruit, also known as Indian Gooseberry. In India where it originates, Amla is an edible fruit and its entire plant is a popular medicinal herb (in traditional Ayurvedic medicine).
All parts of the plant are used in Indian Ayurvedic herbal medicine to treat different health conditions. Aside from its health benefits, Amla boasts of amazing beauty and skincare benefits. It’s a favourite hair growth ingredient in the natural hair community.
Product Summary (Amla Powder)
Common Name: Amla Powder
Other Names: Indian Gooseberry Powder, Amla Churna
INCI Name: Phyllanthus Emblica (Emblica Officinalis) Powder
Ingredient Type: Herbal Extract; Dry Extract
Obtained From: Amla tree/ plant
Plant Part Used: Fruit
Item Form: Finely Ground Powder
Colour: Dark Brown
Shelf Life: 2 years
Contains: Tannins, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus
Applications: Hair and body creams/ lotions, face masks
Amla can be found as an ingredient in many popular commercial hair and skincare products. Common uses of amla include in:
- Hair masks, infused hair growth oils, hair conditioners, shampoo, natural hair colour products/ herbal hair dyes
Usage Directions for Amla Powder Extract
- Use as part or main ingredient in the formulation of hair and skincare products
- Mix with water to make a paste and apply a hair mask or face mask
- Mix with water, aloe vera or honey to make hair tonic or hair tea
- Mix into your store-bought hair conditioner
- Soak in a carrier oil, such as almond oil, coconut oil or other, to make an infused hair oil
- Add Amla powder to other Indian Ayurvedic powders to such as Neem, Aritha, Bhringraj, Shikakai, and Tulsi powders.
- Use in making a face mask
Amla Powder Extract Benefits and Uses
Amla (Phyllanthus Emblica) is not only a medicinal plant but also has used widely for its benefits in hair and skincare. Amla powder is also used as a spice for Indian cooking.
Amla Benefits for Hair
- Effective in treating head-lice
- Is a natural hair conditioner that makes hair softer and easier to comb; leaves hair silky and shiny
- Strengthens hair to prevent breakage and shedding
- Helps improve hair loss condition – Amla stimulates regrowth of new hair
- Promotes a healthy scalp and increases blood circulation to the scalp, thereby stimulating hair growth
- Repairs damaged hair and adds volume to the hair
- Its tannin content helps strengthen hair follicles
- Prevents dandruff and eliminates itchy scalp
- Darkens hair colour – Amla is a natural dye for grey hair
- Helps prevent, reduce or delay premature greying (of hair) when used continuously over a long time
- Helps prevent hair loss/ balding and strengthen the hair follicles
- Prevents sun damage to the hair, due to its calcium and tannin contents
- Works for all hair types – natural hair, permed hair
Amla Benefits for Skincare
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Amla has anti-oxidant properties, due to its high Vitamin C content, which helps promote skin renewal, skin lightening and glowing skin
- Has anti-ageing properties – Amla helps improve the appearance of ageing skin, promoting a youthful-looking skin
- Its high vitamin C content helps brighten/ lighten the skin tone, fade hyperpigmentation and skin blemishes/ dark spots
- Has astringent properties, due to its tannin content, and so Amla is helpful for oily and acne skin types
Some people get skin irritations/ allergy from using Amla on their skin or hair, therefore it is recommended that you first do a patch test on a small area of your skin/ hair prior to using an Amla-based product for the first time.
This product is for external use only.
Why Buy Amla Powder Extract from Us?
If you’re looking for the original Indian Gooseberry (aka Amla) powder, you’re in the right place. Our Amla Powder is sourced from India and 100% pure, with absolutely nothing mixed into it.
We sell original Amla extract powder that is perfect for personal DIY use as well as for use in the formulation of hair or skincare products.
We deliver everywhere in Nigeria and fast too. International customers should first contact us to confirm that we ship to their specific location. We look forward to sending your order your way!