Aloe Vera Powder
₦1,800.00 – ₦20,000.00
- Common Name: Aloe Vera Powder
- INCI Name: Aloe Barbadensis Powder
- Obtained From: Whole Aloe Vera Plant
- Plant Part Used: Whole Plant – the leaves and gel inside the leaves
- Form/ Appearance: Fine Powder
- Used: Creams and Lotions, shampoos, hair conditioners, face masks and facial scrubs
Aloe Vera Powder is obtained by drying the leaves and pulp/ gel of the aloe vera plant. The dried plant is then ground into a smooth powder. Aloe Vera plant is widely used as an ingredient in the cosmetic and skincare industry. Aloe Vera Powder is more concentrated than the fresh plant, and so you need a little Aloe Vera Powder (between 0.1% to 1%) added to water to make Aloe Vera Juice.
Product Summary – Aloe Vera Powder Extract
Common Name: Aloe Vera Powder
INCI Name: Aloe Barbadensis Powder
Obtained From: Aloe Vera Plant
Plant Part Used: Whole Plant – the leaves and gel inside the leaves
Form/ Appearance: Fine Powder
Colour: Khaki Green
Shelf Life: 1 Year
Solubility: Water Soluble
Recommended Usage Rate: Use 0.1% to 1% in formulations. Add at cool-down phase.
PH: pH is 7 when Aloe Vera Powder is hydrated with water.
Storage: Keep in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight, in order to preserve the freshness and extend the shelf-life.
Uses of Aloe Vera Powder Extract
Aloe Vera Powder can be used to make Aloe Vera Juice. To turn your Aloe Vera Powder into Aloe Vera Juice, simply sprinkle it in water and a whisk.
- To make a 1 Litre Aloe Vera Juice from Aloe Vera Powder, at 0.5% usage rate, you need 99.5% water. For example, to make 1 Litre, add 5g Aloe Vera Powder to 999.5g water. Be sure to add a preservative afterwards.
Aloe Vera plant has multiple uses in the cosmetic industry. It can be found as an ingredient in bath and body products, and hair care products – including creams and lotions, shampoos and hair conditioners, hand sanitizers, makeup, face masks, facial scrubs and even toothpaste.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Extract Powder
- Has a longer shelf-life than the liquid/ gel form (aloe vera gel)
- Has analgesic and antiseptic properties, thanks to the antiseptic agents: Sulphur, salicylic acid, urea nitrogen, Lupeol, cinnamonic acid, and phenols.
- Contains hormones which help to heal wounds.
- Effective natural moisturizer – quickly absorbs into the skin and is very hydrating, helping to soothe and improve the appearance of dry skin, and also smoothens flaky and wrinkled skin.
- Contains essential amino acids which help keep the skin plump, supple and hydrated for an overall healthy appearance.
- Contains natural salicylic acids which are helpful for treating acne/ pimple skin condition
- Aloe Vera boasts of enzymes and antioxidant vitamins (vitamin A or beta-carotene, C and E) that protect and keep the skin firm. It also contains vitamin B12 and folic acid.
- Aloe Vera is rich in the minerals calcium, copper, chromium, manganese, magnesium, potassium, selenium, sodium, and zinc.
- Aloe Vera has traditionally been used to heal burns and wounds.
- Polysaccharides contained in Aloe Vera gel and powder promote skin tissue regeneration/ renewal.
- Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe inflamed and irritated skin, as well as relieve skin conditions such as sunburn, dry skin, itchy skin, rashes, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Aloe Vera’s hydrating properties help awaken dull hair and improve dandruff scalp condition
- Aloe Vera also contains saponins, which promote hair growth
- The aloin and aloesin content in the Aloe Vera plant may reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
Usage Directions – Aloe Vera Powder Extract
Typical usage rate: 1-3%
First, dissolve Aloe Vera Powder in a liquid (to make a solution) before adding into a formulation. Ensure to slowly add liquid and stir as you do so, to prevent clumping. It can also be added directly to a formulation, but only if using a very small quantity.
- This product is for external use only and not to be ingested/ consumed orally. Our Aloe Vera powder is made from whole Aloe Vera plant. The skin of the Aloe plant and inside the outer part of the gel contains Aloin, which makes Aloe Vera act as a laxative when orally consumed.
- Some people are allergic to Aloe Vera. Therefore, if you’ve never used Aloe Vera extract on your skin, ensure to first do a patch test on a small area of your skin to determine any possible skin sensitivity. Discontinue use in the event of skin irritation.
Buy Aloe Vera Powder Online from Elsie Organics
If you’re looking for where to buy original Aloe Vera powder extract for use in making cream or lotion or to add into your soap-making project, our Aloe Vera is perfect. Our Aloe Vera is extracted from the whole plant, and so it has all the hair and skincare nutrients and benefits intact.
Place your order and we’ll have it shipped fast to you anywhere you are in Nigeria. International customers should contact us first to confirm shipping to their location.
Twaambo Esther M. (verified owner) –
Love it! Thank you so much 👌👌👌
ElsieOrganics (store manager) –
Thanks for the feedback, Twaambo. We keep striving to deliver good customer service and quality products, and look forward to your next order.
Rebecca (verified owner) –
Very easy to use when I am making my black soap. It’s also of good quality
ElsieOrganics (store manager) –
Thank you for the feedback on our Black Soap, Rebecca.