Maca Powder (Maca Root Powder)
₦2,000.00 – ₦28,000.00
Maca powder is edible and obtained from the Maca plant, also known as Peruvian Ginseng. The plants are tuberous root vegetables native to the Andes Mountains of Peru and looks like large radishes. Native Peruvians have used the Maca plant (in raw and cooked form) to increase energy and performance levels for 2000 years. Maca plant, also classed as a superfood, offers numerous nutritional benefits. This plant also boasts of beauty benefits.
INCI Name: Lepidium Meyenii Root Extract
Common Name: Maca
Other Names: Peruvian Ginseng, raw Maca Powder
Extracted From: Plant
Plant Part: Root
Appearance/ Form: Fine Powder
Colour: Light beige. Note that colour may vary from batch to batch.
Shelf Life: 1 year (at room temperature); up to 2.5 years (in the freezer)
Storage: Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
Benefits and Common Uses Maca Powder
- Ancient Peruvian superfood
- Classed as an adaptogen that helps the body adapt to and cope with stress.
- Contains essential minerals and vitamins
- Rich in antioxidants and vital minerals
- Promotes hormonal balance in the body
- Contains skin and hair enhancing benefits
Maca Powder Common Uses in Nutritional Health
- Maca is rich in numerous essential minerals, including potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, iron, copper, silica, sodium, and vanadium.
- Maca root contains antioxidants, Essential Fatty Acids, protein, vitamins, fibre.
Maca root has been known to increase libido in men and women, boost fertility, balance hormone levels, increase energy.
- Maca is a popular nutritional supplement found in several commercial capsules and also used in powder form to add to smoothies, cereals and baking.
- The root is consumed in both raw and cooked form in South America where it originates, and also be consumed in the powder form.
Maca Powder Benefits for Skin and Hair
The benefits of Maca root extract is not only limited to nutrition, this plant also boasts of beauty benefits.
- Maca root extract is also rich in skin and hair benefits and has been used as an active ingredient in some hair and skincare products and supplements.
- Rich in antioxidants and skin-conditioning properties: Maca helps repair, condition and re-mineralize the skin to promote a glowing, radiant and luminous skin.
- Anti-ageing properties: Maca promotes skin elasticity and helps smoothen fine lines and firm-up the skin. It also stimulates cell renewal to improve the appearance of ageing, dry or dull skin.
- Promotes shine, hair growth and strengthens hair, preventing shedding/ hair loss. Maca also helps reduces scalp itching and normalizes sebum production.
Usage Directions (for Cosmetic Formulation):
Products to Use Maca Powder in: Hair and skincare products – creams, lotions, shampoos, toners, mists
Usage rate: 0.5% to 2% based on the product weight.
Dissolve the Maca extract powder before adding into the product you’re making. Like most extracts, Maca root extract powder should be added to the cool-down phase of a cosmetics formulation.
Buy Maca root powder online from us and choose from a range of sizes including bulk and start experiencing the beauty and nutritional benefits of this wonderful superfood. We deliver to every part of Nigeria.