₦1,300.00 – ₦2,800.00
Rice powder and rice water are popular in traditional beauty recipe across Asia. Also, rice powder is a famous ingredient in many commercial cosmetic, skincare and hair care products in Korea and other Asian countries.
Ingredients: 100% pure rice – no additives.
Uses of Rice Powder for Skincare and Beauty
- Use in the formulation of face masks and face packs, rice water hair rinse, body Scrub, face wash, dry shampoo powder.
- Use for an at-home face mask. Mix it with either water or milk, apply to face and leave for 10 minutes. and later rinse with warm water.
- Use as face scrub: Simply add water or milk and gently scrub your face. Later rinse with warm water.
Ingredients that Make Rice Effective for Skin and Hair Care
Rice Contains Ferulic Acid, Phytic Acid and PABA.
- PABA also has been shown to protect against UV rays. It’s not widely used as a sunscreen as it causes an allergic reaction on some people.
- Ferulic Acid is loaded with antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Phytic Acid: This component in rice helps skin exfoliate dead cells and also minimize the signs of ageing in the skin. The presence of this ingredient in rice is responsible for the exfoliating, skin-lightening/ brightening and acne improvement results obtained when rice powder or products containing rice powder s used religiously.
Skincare Benefits of Rice Powder
Oil Absorption: Rice Powder has been used for generations and is known for its ability to absorb oil and shine, which is why it’s used in some mattifying face powder and dry shampoos.
Skin Brightening: Rice water and rice powder masks are popular across Asia and now Worldwide for its deep cleansing abilities, skin-lightening and brightening benefits, especially for oily and acne skin.
Dark Spot Corrector: Rice powder contains an ingredient that helps improve and the appearance of hyperpigmentation and old pimples (acne) spots/ scar.
Hair Growth Treatment: Fermented rice water made from rice powder (or whole rice) is known to add length to hair fast.
Rice Powder vs Rice Flour: What’s the Difference
They are not the same. The difference is that rice powder is coarse (not smooth) while rice flour is smooth/ fine in texture. This makes rice powder a great exfoliator, in addition to other skincare benefits of rice such as the ability to absorb excess oil and sebum from the skin, and leaving it clean.