Liquid Germall Plus (Preservative)
₦1,900.00 – ₦23,000.00
- A broad-spectrum preservative
- Effective in small doses
- Does not contain Paraben
- Compatible with a lot of cosmetic ingredients
- Ideal for emulsions and water-soluble formulations, leave-on and wash-off cosmetic such as creams and lotions, shampoos, hair conditioners
Liquid Germall Plus is a broad-spectrum, water-soluble preservative for emulsions and aqueous formulations. Liquid Germall Plus prevents the growth of bacteria, yeast, fungus, mold, and commonly found organisms; and as a result, helps to prolong the shelf-life of personal care and household products, including creams and lotions.
Liquid Germall Plus is an alternative for formulators or users who are against parabens.
Product Summary and Usage Guide (Liquid Germall Plus)
- Common Name: Liquid Germall Plus
- INCI Name: Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate
- Does not contain Paraben
- Composed of/ made with propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, and iodopropynyl butylcarbamate
- Form: Clear Liquid.
- Solubility: Liquid Germall Plus is water-soluble. It totally dissolves at a 1.0% concentration over a wide pH range, in cosmetic formulations.
- Ideal Preservative for: Oil-in-water and water-in-oil emulsions, oil-in-water emulsions and water-soluble formulations, including shampoos, body wash, hair conditioners and emulsion products (including creams and lotions).
Features of Liquid Germall Plus Preservative
Broad Spectrum: Germall Plus is a broad spectrum preservative, meaning that it protects against a wide range of bacteria. It protects against the growth of all three – prevent the growth of the two major groups of bacteria (gram-positive and gram-negative), yeast and fungi.
Wide Compatibility: Liquid Germall Plus is compatible with a lot of cosmetic ingredients. It has been evaluated as safe for rinse-off and leave-on formulations.
Ease: Liquid Germall Plus is easy to work with.
Highly Effective: Liquid Germall Plus is effective when used in small amounts.
Can Fortify Other Preservatives: Liquid Germall Plus can be used to increase the effectiveness of other preservatives.
Used in Many Countries: It’s approved for use in many countries.
Formulation Guideline: How to Use Liquid Germall Plus
- Best for: Liquid Germall Plus is a preservative for oil-in-water and water-in-oil emulsions and water-soluble formulations. It’s good for water-based formulations. It can be added into many types of leave-on and rinse-off cosmetic formulations in order to extend their shelf-life. It is a good choice preservative for shampoos, conditioners, lotions, creams, body washes, body sprays and other such formulas.
- PH: Liquid Germall Plus is effective over a broad pH range from 3 to 8.
- Recommended Usage Rates: Liquid Germall Plus is effective when used between 0.1% to 0.5%. It’s recommended to be used at a level of up to 1.0%. Note that this is a guide, and it is also recommended that you test every product you formulate to assure preservative efficacy. A higher percentage should be used with high protein and complex formulations.
- When to Incorporate: Add Liquid Germall to the water/ cool-down phase of your formulation or to the emulsified portion of the formulation at a temperature of 50°C or less. Slowly add it to the product, with proper stirring, just before adding a fragrance.