Emulsifying Wax NF
₦1,800.00 – ₦8,500.00
Buy emulsifying wax in 1kg or any quantity for making creams and body lotions. Wholesale prices and bulk available.
We ship all over Nigeria.
The function of an Emulsifying Wax is to bind your water and oil together to form one homogenous solution, and prevent them from separating. An Emulsifying Wax ensures that you have a uniformly mixed emulsion, and cannot see any of the component ingredients (oil or water ) in the mixture.
Water and oil are essential ingredients in the formulation of skincare and haircare products. Naturally, water and oil do not mix. However, with the addition of an Emulsifying Wax to a formulation, water and oil happily mix together without separation.
INCI Name: Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Polysorbate 60
Other Names: Emulsifying Wax NF
Derived From: Plant-based fatty alcohols
Ingredient Function: Emulsifier, Emulsion Stabilizer, Viscosity Enhancer
Appearance: Small white beads
Texture: Waxy solid beads
Solubility: Soluble in Oil
Melting Point: 50°C
Charge: Non-ionic emulsifying wax
Storage: Store in a cool, dry and dark place
Shelf Life: 2 years
Common Uses: Creams and lotions, hair conditioners, cleansers, baby products, body butters
Usage Rate: 2-25% of the total recipe weight/ batch size, or use at 20-25% of the oil phase size.
- Typical usage: Lotions: 3-5% | Thick Creams: 5-10%
- Add to the heated oil phase of a formulation
- First melt the Emulsifying Wax together with your other non-heat-sensitive oil-based ingredients. Then slowly add your heated water phase, while stirring frequently until the mixture cools down.
- This is a thickening emulsifying wax – it contains a thickening agent in part and an emulsifying agent in part. Therefore, expect your formulation to add some viscosity.
- PH stability: This emulsifying wax is stable in a wide range PH
- Compatibility: Very compatible with other formulation ingredients
Benefits of Emulsifying Wax in Skincare Formulations
- Forces water and oil to mix uniformly without separation
- Helps keep the formulation/ final emulsion stable
- Increases viscosity/ thickness to the final product/ formulation, due to its thickening agent content.
- Helps improve the texture and skin-feel of the final product
- Ensures that final product does not feel greasy on the skin
*NOTE: This is a cosmetic grade product; For external use only (not to be consumed internally/eaten); Use for formulation of cosmetic and personal care products only.
There are no reviews yet.