Arrowroot Powder (Arrow Root Powder)
₦1,000.00 – ₦12,000.00
Arrowroot powder is a starch-based powder that is found in many skincare products due to its ability to make a product feel silky and less greasy. Arrowroot powder is a starch obtained from roots of different tropical plants including Maranta arundinacea, tapioca from cassava ( Manihot esculenta ), which is often labelled as arrowroot.
INCI Name: Maranta Arundinacea Root
Other Names: Tapioca, cassava starch, Florida arrowroot, kuzu, mandioca, yuca, arrow root starch, maranta, manicot, manihot
Derived From: Starchy roots of tropical Arrowroot plant or other tropical starchy root plants
Ingredient Function: Thickener, Reduces Greasy Skin-feel in Products
Appearance: Fine, silky white powder; light/ not heavy
Storage: Store in a cool and dry place
Shelf Life: 3 years
Usage Rate: 1-95%
- Body Butter: 1 teaspoon per 500 grams of product, more if necessary
- Lotions and Creams: 1-30%
- Face Masks: 5-95%
- Body Powders and Foot Powders: 5-95%
- Natural Deodorants: 20-30%
- Bath Products: 5-95%
- Haircare products: 5-95%
- Face Powder and Powder Makeup: 5-95%
Formulation Notes: Other ingredients that perform a similar function as Arrowroot powder include cornflour and tapioca starch. Those can be substituted for Arrow root powder.
Common Uses of ArrowRoot Powder In Formulation
- Prevent Greasiness in Finished Product: Arrowroot powder is added to skincare formulations to help prevent a greasy feeling on the skin. Commonly used in body butters, balms, face masks, body scrubs and more
- Thickener: Arrowroot also acts as a thickener in some formulations
- Improves Skin-Feel of Finished Products: Arrow root powder makes a product feel silky to the skin, without being chalky
- Talc-Free Powder Ingredient: Arrowroot powder is used as a natural Talc alternative to make natural body and face powder.
- Deodorant Ingredient: Arrowroot powder is added as an ingredient in Deodorants, to help thicken natural deodorant formulations and also provides an improved glide
- Powder Ingredient: Arrowroot powder is used as an ingredient for making deodorizing and soothing foot powder
There are no reviews yet.