Raw Honey – Pure Natural Honey
₦1,000.00 – ₦7,000.00
We sell pure, natural raw honey. 100% unprocessed natural honey with nothing added – no additives, no sugar/ artificial sweetener added, no colouring. What you get from us is real raw honey, straight from the bee hives.
INCI Name: Honey
Other Names: Raw honey, natural honey
Source: Honeycombs in Bee Hives
Appearance: Sticky/ Gooey liquid, from light to thick consistency
Colour: Golden brown to yellowish-orange, light to dark amber colour, and sometimes reddish-brown. Original raw honey varies in colour depending on the type of flowers pollinated pollinated.
Usage Rate: 0 to 5%, up to 10%
Storage: Keep the container tightly closed. Store in a cool, dry place, away from moisture and sunlight. If stored in a moist environment, honey naturally absorbs water from the air, and water encourages bacteria growth.
Shelf Life: Original honey does not go bad if properly stored. Real honey has an infinite shelf life.
Beauty Benefits of Raw Honey
- Honey is a humectant – it helps to moisturize/ hydrate the skin by attract moisture/ water into the hair or skin.
- Honey has emollient property, with ability to soften and smoothen the texture of hair or skin.
- Honey accelerates healing processes of the skin.
- Helps balance the bacteria on your skin, which makes it a great product to use for acne.
- Honey has antibacterial property
Common Uses of Honey
- Honey is a natural sweetener for tea and confectionery, and food.
- Traditionally used as an alternative treatment to heal burns and wounds
- Added to warm water to make a throat-soothing drink
Uses of Honey in Skincare and Haircare
- Used as a face mask or as an ingredient in face masks
- Used in DIY hair conditioners
- Added into different skincare and haircare products for its moisturizing property
INTERESTING HONEY FACTS
- Original, pure natural raw honey will vary in colour, taste/ flavour, and aroma, and that is due to the type of flower from which the floral nectar was extracted, as well as the season the honey was harvested.
- Raw, unprocessed honey does not expire. Archeologists and historians were surprised to find that raw honey of many thousand years old discovered in ancient Egyptian tombs was still good and safe to eat. The acidic nature of honey plus its high sugar content (35% Glucose, 40% Fructose) in raw honey acts as a preservative. Also, honey has very low (18%) water content which is too low to allow for bacterial growth.
- Raw honey can become darker in colour as it ages/ over time. That is normal.
- Over time, raw unprocessed honey crystalizes (i.e. becomes grainy and cloudy). That is normal, and this does not mean your honey has gone bad. What to do if your honey if your honey becomes grainy? You can either put it in the sun for a while or put the container in a bowl of warm water. When crystalized honey warms up, the graininess will melt and disappear.
- Unadulterated, pure honey has a long shelf life and so stays fresh for a very long time.
How Real Honey Is Made
Honey is made by bees using the nectar of flowers which they store inside their beehives. The stored honey are then eaten by the bees during food scarcity.
Why do bees store honey, you may ask? Well, bees eat honey, which they make from pollen and nectar of flowers. They (worker bees) continually gather their food (i.e. pollen and nectar), and store for use when there’s food scarcity. The worker bees then process the gathered pollens and flower nectar into raw honey. That is how honey is made.
*NOTE: Colour of this unprocessed natural product may vary from batch to batch.