Hyaluronic Acid Powder
₦2,500.00 – ₦19,500.00
Hyaluronic powder is an ingredient used in making effective skin and hair moisturizing products and anti-ageing products. Hyaluronic acid is a humectant naturally found in human skin, keeping the skin plum, aiding in skin elasticity and tissue repair. However, it depletes as we age. Used externally, hyaluronic acid helps keeps the skin moisturized, youthful (by plumping the skin and improving the appearance of wrinkles or dry skin).
INCI Name: Sodium Hyaluronate
Ingredient Function: Humectant
Appearance: White Powder
Smell: No noticeable odour
Usage Rate: 0.01 to 2%
Solubility: Soluble in Water (cold water or room temperature water)
How it’s Derived: Fermentation, from yeast and glucose extracts
How to Dissolve Hyaluronic Acid
Note that Hyaluronic acid powder is not easily soluble in water, as it can easily form lumps of thick gel. You need to use these methods to make it dissolve into a clear gel without clumps.
- Method 1 – Sprinkling and Stirring: To dissolve it with water, hyaluronic can be sprinkled little by little into water and stirring vigorously, preferably with a mixer.
- Method 2 – Leave it alone to Hydrate: Another method of dissolving hyaluronic acid is to add it to some water, and then leave it alone for some hours, to enable it hydrate the water. Check back from time to time. After a while it should swell and become transparent. Once you see that all the powder hyaluronic acid have hydrated and dissolved, you can stir it.
Properties & Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Powder
- Humectant and hydrating property, and so draws moisture from the surrounding into the skin
- Moisturizing: Hyaluronic acid provides long-lasting hydration and moisture to the skin
- Skin conditioning property
- Emollient property
- Hyaluronic acid helps maintain the skin elasticity, aids tissue repair, wound healing and skin tissue regeneration
- Softens and smoothens the skin.
- Makes the skin appear plump, healthy and youthful
- Antiaging property: Hyaluronic acid makes wrinkles appear less noticeable.
Common Uses of Hyaluronic Acid Powder
- As an ingredient in moisturizing skincare or haircare products
- Used to gel or thicken serums
- Used as additive to formulate moisturizing body creams and lotions
- Used as additive to formulate hydrating gels and sun care lotions
- Used as an ingredient in formulating anti-ageing products, including anti-wrinkle skincare products