Ambunu Powder (Natural Hair Detangler and Conditioner)
₦1,500.00 – ₦27,000.00
Ambunu Powder is derived from Ambunu Leaves. It is a natural hair detangler, moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that has been traditionally used for ages women of the Chad Republic and some parts of Africa, especially the Normadic regions.
INCI Name: Ceratotheca Sesamoides Powder
Other Names: False Sesame
Plant Part: Ambunu Leaves (ambunu Powder is made by grinding dreied leaves of the Ambunu plant).
Shelf Life: 24 Months
Storage: Store in a cool and dry place, away from sun and moisture.
*Packaging may vary.
Ambunu Powder Properties and Benefits:
- Cleansing Properties: Cleanses the hair and scalp, due to its Saponin content.
- Great Slip: When soaked in water, Ambunu leaves have a great slip that helps detangles even stubborn or matted/ tangled hair;
- Conditioning Properties: Ambunu has traditionally been used to conditions the hair naturally;
- Curl defining property: Ambunu Powder defines the curls
- Hydrating Property: Ambunu moisturizes dry hair to leave it hydrated.
Ambunu Powder Uses:
- Ambunu Leaves mixed with water is used to easily detangle hair after taking out braids (Ambunu has a lot of slip);
- When used in-between washes as a pre-poo treatment, Ambunu Powder mixed with warm water helps refresh the hair;
- Moisturizing soapless shampoo: Ambunu Powder helps cleanse the hair and scalp without stripping it dry
- Ambunu Powder mixed with water leaves dry hair hydrated and softer;
- An Effective Detangler: Amblunu is great at untangling tangled and matted hair, leaving it softer and maneageable.
Other Uses of Ambunu Powder
- Can be added to an oil to make Infused Ambunu Hair Oil
- Can be used as an ingredient for making a hair product
How to Use Ambunu Powder for Hair
- Soak a tablespoon of Ambunu Powder in about one litre of warm or hot water
- Allow the mixture to sit for about 10 minutes (this lets the slippery mucilage to be released)
- Sieve/ Strain the mixture
- Apply and massage into the hair – to cleanse and detangle the hair
- Use either your fingers or a wide-tooth comb or brush to detangle your hair
*Any leftover soaked Ambunu Powder can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.