Henna Indigo Powder Hair Dye Kit (Natural Chemical-Free) Combo Pack HENDIGO
₦3,000.00 – ₦5,900.00
Our Henna and Indigo natural dye kit is a healthy chemical-free and natural way to colour your natural hair or beard black, whether it’s gray hair or dull, brownish hair colour you have.
- Contents: 1 x 100g Henna Powder AND 1 x 100g Indigo Powder
- 100% All-Natural Hair Dye Kit
- Does not contain: PPD, Peroxide, Ammonia
- Note: Packaging may vary.
Henna and Indigo have been used for ages by Indian men and women to cover gray hair and colour their hair and beard jet black. Henna – Indigo hair dye is for anyone who is looking for a no-chemical solution to colouring their hair/ beard black or covering their gray hair.
About this HENDIGO Combo Pack Natural Hair Dye for Black Hair
- Size Type 1/ 100g Total Content: 1 x 50g Henna Powder AND 1 x 50g Indigo Powder (that is a total of 100g content).
- Size Type 2/ 200g Content: 1 x 100g Henna Powder AND 1 x 100g Indigo Powder (that is a total of 200g content).
- Content: Made from dried, ground leaves of Indigofera Tinctoria plant.
- 100% All-Natural Hair Dye Kit
- Natural, Chemical-Free Hair Colouring/ Dye
- Note: Packaging may vary. Also, colour of Henna and Indiga may vary slightly, from batch to batch.
- Origin: Henna and Indigo are sourced from India
- Our Indigo is not Synthetic Indigo. We sell natural Indigo leaves ground to powder.
Benefits of Henna and Indigo (HENDIGO) for Hair and Beard
- Henna is a permanent hair dye from Nature. It does not fade off from the dyed hair. As your hair grows, you can touch-up the new growth.
- Henna dyes gray hair and beard to orange/ reddish brown.
- Indigo colours dull hair or beard to jet black, after it has been treated with henna
- Henna adds shine and lustre to dull hair.
- Henna and Indigo makes the hair strands stronger, preventing breakage and shedding
- Henna and Indigo are natural hair conditioners
- Henna and Indigo can be used as natural colourants in soap making. For soap makers, note that there’s a difference between natural and synthetic Indigo, with regards to the colour achieved with soap colouring. Be sure you have worked with natural Indigo or both, to know what to expect.
How the Henna – Indigo (HENDIGO) Works for Dyeing Hair Black
The Henna – Indigo natural hair colouring works in a 2-step process. Henna application is step 1 and Indigo application is step 2. Here”s why:
- Henna Powder, when used alone, colours dull or gray hair to orange/ reddish-brown or copper colour.
- Indigo Powder colours Henna’d hair strands to jet black. Using Indigo alone will colour your hair greenish.
- Note: If you apply indigo to hair that has not been already Henna’d, you will not get black colour.
- For best results, apply Henna and Indigo to clean hair, as dirty or greasy hair can prevent the dye from properly colouring your hair/ beard.
- No need to shampoo the hair after henna/ Indigo application.
STEP 1: Use Henna Powder in Step 1 to colour your hair or to cover gray hair. Make it into a paste by mixing with warm water. Apply the paste the way you apply hair relaxer to your hair. Cover and leave for about 4 to 6 hours or overnight before rinsing.
STEP 2: Use Indigo Powder in Step 2 to dye your henna’d hair black or to cover your grey hair. Leave the Indigo on your hair for 4 to 8 hours before rinsing.
How to Mix Henna Powder for Hair or Beard Colouring
Pour some Henna/ Indigo into a bowl and then add warm or hot water and some salt. Stir with a spoon. The mixture should look like yoghurt or hair relaxer in thickness/ texture.
Cover the mixture and leave it aside for between 4 to 8 hours, or overnight, to allow the dye to release.
How to Mix Henna and Indigo Powder (HENDIGO) to Dye/ Colour Hair or Beard to Black
#1: Preparing and Applying Henna to Hair (Steps):
- Mix some henna powder with warm or hot water.
- Allow the mixture to stay overnight or 4 to 8 hours, or overnight, so that the henna dye can be released.
- Apply to clean hair, strand by strand, similar to how relaxer is applied on hair. *Pre-shampoo your hair on or before day of Henna dye treatment. (Apply to dry or damp-but-not-wet hair).
- Cover hair with a plastic cap or wrap with a nylon (to keep it moist, warm and prevent drying).
- Leave on hair for between 4 to 8 hours
- Rinse out and apply a detangling conditioner afterwards (optional, but it helps to get out stuck Henna particles from hair). **NOTE: If you plan to do an Indigo Dye afterwards, do not condition your hair after a Henna, as it could prevent the Indigo from properly penetrating your hair shaft. You can apply a conditioner after the Indigo Dye step.
- Do not shampoo hair immediately after a Henna dye, because Henna Dye will keep getting released over the next few days to make your hair colour darker. Applying shampoo will prevent that.
*You can mix Aloe Vera Powder with your Henna Powder, to ensure your hair is moisturized while you’re getting it dyed/ coloured.
#2: Preparing and Applying the Indigo Dye for Hair (Steps):
- Mix some Indigo powder with warm water to form a paste
- (optional) Add some salt (add one teaspoon of salt per 100 grams Indigo powder). The salt helps Indigo better absorb into the hair and also to give off a darker colour.
- Leave the mixture for between 10 to 15 minutes for its dye to release, and immediately apply on to Henna’d hair. Apply it fast, as Indigo that’s mixed with water becomes weak when exposed to air for long.
- Apply the mixture to your hair strands, section by section. (Apply to dry or damp-but-not-wet hair).
- Cover with a plastic/ nylon cap to keep hair moist, warm and prevent drying.
- Wait for 4 to 8 hours.
- Rinse out with water (do not shampoo hair. You can apply a moisturizing conditioner).
*NOTE #1: Do your Indigo Dye same day as the Henna Dye or within 1 to 3 days after Henna Hair Colouring.
*NOTE #2: Some hair types are resistant to Indigo and so if your hair does not darken properly the first time, do a reapplication to parts or all of your hair.
*HINT: Indigo Paste (i.e. Indigo already mixed with water) does not like air, as the Dye will not work if the mixture/ paste is exposed to air for a long time (up to 30 minutes). Therefore, use everything you’ve mixed with water and throw the rest away. *HINT: If you have a long hair, mix up your Indigo powder in small batches that you can apply within 20 to 30 minutes, and then mix another batch for other parts of your hair.
**The quantity of Henna or Indigo powder you use depends on the length of your hair or beard.
How Long Should You Leave Henna and Indigo (HENDIGO) Paste on Your Hair?
- Leave the henna paste on your hair or beard between 4 and 8 hours or overnight. You can cover the hair with a nylon wrap.
- Leave Indigo Dye on your hair or beard between 4 and 8 hours.
*Some hair types will colour faster than others. Some people’s hair will colour well within 2 to 3 hours. Some hair types require the Henna-Indigo to stay on hair longer. Experiment to find out your best timing, or just go with keeping it for between 4 to 8 hours.
I Want to Dye My Hair Dark Brown, not Black. How Do I Go About It with Henna-Indigo?
- Pre-mix Your Henna as explained above
- When Henna is ready (after 4 to 8 hours), mix your Indigo powder to form a paste (see steps above)
- Combine 1 Part Henna Paste and 2 Parts Indigo Paste
- Apply to Hair and wait for 4 to 8 hours before rinsing.
HENNA-INDIGO APPLICATION TUTORIAL: Henna-Indigo Application Tutorial covering How to Mix/ Prepare and Apply Henna and Indigo Paste to Hair, and How to Remove Stuck Henna Powder Particles from Your Hair.
Anu Babatunde (verified owner) –
The Henna had too much particles that were difficult to wash off. Many days after the treatment, I still had particles falling off my hear
ElsieOrganics (store manager) –
Thanks for your feedback, Anu, and we are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your purchase. We strive to provide our customers with the best possible quality and we’re always working to improve our products and services. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to continue to improve. We’ll reach out to you shortly to see how we can make it up to you. Thank you for shopping with us, and hope you’ll be back again.
Omoo!!Please this product need more stars.Infact where is the microphone? It worth giving voice.This is the first time using indigo and seeing this amazing outcome..what!Elsie thankyoouuuu!!First time buying oh.Infact was wowed..the customer service was warming ..Thennnn this!!!I no even reach 4 hrs oh Meanwhile I day carry sleep before.Elsie abeg i need moreee.
ElsieOrganics (store manager) –
Thank you for the feedback NG. Also thanks for showing is (on our WhatsApp) your before and after HENDIGO natural dye on your hair. I must say that that was one of the best results I have seen – the black you got was very deep, and it’s even more amazing that you left the Indigo on your hair for less than 4 hours. Even I was wowed at how black your hair dresser’s hands turned (after she applied the Henna-Indigo). Amazing results!!
I am so happy that you came back to leave us a review. *And yes, we have them in stock for you to order some more. We are always happy when our products make our customers happy. So, thank you for shopping with us, and for letting us know how our Henna-Indigo powder worked for you.