Raw Shea Butter Unrefined (Ivory Colour Ori)
₦1,500.00 – ₦56,000.00
Shea Butter is a popular skincare ingredient found on the ingredient list of diverse bath and body care products, due to its vitamin and fatty acid content. We sell original raw/ unrefined Shea Butter, sourced directly from the women makers across Nigerian Shea villages.
Our Shea butter is 100% raw and unrefined; 100% handmade; contains no added colouring and zero added scent.
INCI Name: Butyrospermum Parki Butter
Ingredient Type: Emollient, Moisturizer
Contains: Skin-protecting antioxidants, skin-loving Vitamins A and E, and skin-conditioning and nourishing fatty acids.
Other Names: Shea-nut butter, Mai Kadanya (in Hausa language), Okwuma (in Igbo language), Ori (in Yoruba language), Karite (in Wolof language, Senegal).
Derived From: Plants (Shea butter comes from kernels found inside the shea nuts of Shea trees found in Western and East Africa)
Extraction Method: Manual (with only water and heat, and hand-kneading)
Smell: Smokey and Nutty (due to roasting of shea nuts)
Colour: Ivory; sometimes with a greyish hue (natural colour of unrefined/ raw Shea Butter)
Processing Type: Unrefined, Raw – i.e. contains no additives or chemicals; does not contain perfume (has its natural smell); not bleached (has its natural colour).
Storage: Store in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight
Shelf Life: 1 to 2 years, and more if properly stored
Origin: Nigeria, Ghana
Properties: Moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties
Uses: Skin and hair care, and manufacture of bath and body care products.
Examples of products formulated with Shea Butter: Moisturizing creams and lotions for hair and body, bar soaps and body washes, shampoos and conditioners, dry skin balms, cracked heel repair balms, chapped lips balm.
Properties and Benefits of Shea Butter for the Skin
- Fast absorbing
- Softens and conditions the skin
- Moisturizes dry or rough skin, and keeps the skin moisturized for long
- Repairs and smoothens ashy and cracked skin or lips
- Soothing effects
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks and wrinkles
- Soothes eczema and dermatitis skin
- Heals skin damages and cracks due to bad weather such as dry harmattan or cold weather.
Properties and Benefits of Shea Butter for the Hair
- Shea Butter strengthens the hair strands, making the hair more resistant to breakage
- Shea Butter makes hair glossy/ shiny
- Moisturizes dry hair and scalp
- Soothes itching scalp
- Smoothes rough cuticles
- Repairs damaged cuticles
- Reduces hair breakage
- Improves dull and frizzy hair
Common Uses of Unrefined Raw Shea Butter
You can use our unrefined raw shea butter just as it is, to moisturise your skin and hair, or add it to a ready-made cream or lotion to make it moisturizing. Shea Butter is commonly used as an ingredient in the cosmetic and food industries, including in the following ways:
- Haircare ingredient: Shea Butter is used as an ingredient in the making of hair care products
- Skincare ingredient: Shea Butter is an ingredient in the formulation of skincare products (creams, lotions, ointments)
- Soap: Shea butter is a common ingredient in Soap Making
- Lip care: Shea butter is an ingredient in the making of Lip gloss and lipstick making
- Chocolate: Shea butter is used as an ingredient in the making of Chocolates (as a cocoa butter replacement)
- Cooking Oil: Shea Butter is used as cooking oil in parts of Africa where Shea nuts are grown, including villages in Nigeria and Ghana that grow Shea Nuts.
How to Store Shea Butter for an Extended Shelf-Life
- Store it in a tightly sealed container. Store in a cream jar or small tub, if you’re buying a small quantity
- If you’re buying our bulk shea butter, store it in a jar with a tight cover and only scoop out of it with a clean, dry spoon whenever you need some for everyday use. Ensure not to dip your bare hands into the big jar, to keep it hygenic. You can have a small jar of shea butter for everyday use.
- You don’t need to store your raw shea butter in the fridge. It keeps well without being refrigerated.
Why Buy From Us?
Our Shea butter is fresh, original and 100% raw – not mixed with anything (no chemical, no colouring, no oil is added). Our price is affordable, with wholesale pricing available if you buy in bulk. Our Shea Butter is 100% handmade – from the harvesting to the processing and down to the packaging. It was carefully processed following an age-old manual traditional method passed down to generations of women shea nut processors in the local Nigerian villages where we source from.
When you purchase shea butter from us, you’re supporting the hardworking Nigerian women who put their love and passion into making it. Most importantly, your purchase helps these women to continue making a living and supporting their families by making quality shea butter.
You’ll be happy with the quality of our shea butter, and here’s why:
- Our Shea butter is fresh, original and unadulterated, and so perfect for personal use, soap making or hair product or skincare formulation, and perfect for making lip products
- They’re 100% raw – not mixed with anything (no chemical, no oil added), no added scent, no added colour – and so you’re getting pure, raw unrefined shea butter with its natural ivory colour and characteristic nutty aroma.
- They’re made from freshly handpicked shea nuts and a careful production process, which means that you’re getting quality organic shea butter with all the healing and moisturizing properties intact
- Bulk and wholesale prices with nationwide delivery
Our raw Shea Butter is locally sourced from Nigeria, directly from the makers across different Nigerian Shea villages. Our Shea Butter is made from freshly harvested handpicked Shea nuts, processed through a careful traditional production method that involves washing, boiling, sun-drying, picking out bad nuts, pounding the nuts to crack the shells, separating the kernels from the shells and roasting. Then, the Shea Kernels are crushed, water is added to form a paste which is then hand-kneaded and beaten for hours until the fats/ butter are released. Next, it’s cooked for hours and then filtered to remove sediments and impurities. Finally, it’s left aside to cool, and there is your unrefined raw shea butter!
This time-consuming manual process ensures that what you get from us is high-quality organic shea butter that has all the healing and moisturizing properties intact. You’ll be getting nothing but the best quality shea butter from us.
*NOTE: Colour of this natural product may vary slightly from batch to batch, as it’s natural; and nature doesn’t make exact duplicates.