Sweet Almond Oil (Carrier Oil)
₦1,500.00 – ₦9,000.00
Sweet almond oil is a lightweight edible oil packed with ingredients and vitamins that offer tons of skincare and hair benefits. It’s a carrier oil with a faint smell and pale colour which makes it perfect for soap making, formulation of skin and hair care products and other types of personal care products. It’s also perfect for diluting essential oils.
Our Sweet Almond Oil is pure (adulterated), has a faint smell characteristic of original almond oil. It originates from Spain. We offer wholesale prices for small or bulk quantity orders and we deliver anywhere in Nigeria.
Product Summary (Sweet Almond Oil)
Common Name: Sweet Almond Oil
INCI Name: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis
Plant Part: Extracted from the kernels of sweet almonds
Form and Colour: A Lightweight liquid with colour ranging from light yellow to golden yellow
Odour: Faint scent, a barely-there faint scent
Oil Type: Carrier Oil
Shelf Life: 1 Year (the shelf life can be extended up to 2 years if properly stored)
Storage: Keep in an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight
Usage Rate (Almond Oil):
- In Cosmetic Formulations: In soap making and formulation of lotions, creams, lip products and other skin and hair care products.
- For Diluting Essential Oils: Use almond oil as a carrier oil to dilute any essential oil before use. It has a faint scent, and so its odour will not overshadow the scent of any essential oil its added into. As a carrier oil, Almond oil has the ability to transport essential oils deep into the skin.
- As Moisturizing Body Oil: Use as a moisturizer for face and/or body.
Benefits of Sweet Almond Oil
- Promotes Healthy Hair: Sweet almond oil helps promote healthy hair and scalp due to its magnesium, calcium and zinc content.
- Moisturizing: Sweet Almond oil is lightweight and so easily absorbs into the skin. It also contains vitamin E, which helps hydrate dry skin and also prevents skin cell damage.
- Non-Comedogenic: Sweet almond oil is non-greasy and has a low comedogenic rating, meaning that it doesn’t clog pores of the skin, which makes it suitable for oily skin types.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Sweet Almond Oil has anti-inflammatory properties which help Improve under-eye bags and puffiness.
- Anti-Ageing and Anti-Oxidant Properties: Sweet Almond Oil contains retinol, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and Omega-3 fatty acids of which help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve cell turnover/ shedding/ renewal.
- Improves Dry Skin: Almond oil has been used for centuries to improve dull skin and treat dry skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Improves Acne and Scars: The fatty acid content in Sweet Almond Oil helps dissolve sebum and excess oil on the skin, and its Zinc and Vitamin E content helps with treating pimples (acne) and smoothening scars.
- Improves Stretch Marks: Almond oil can be used to prevent and reduce the appearance of stretch marks.