Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
₦1,500.00 – ₦2,500.00
INCI Name: Sodium Bicarbonate
Other Names: Bicarbonate of Soda, Sodium Bicarbonate
PH: 8.5 (it’s an alkali)
Solubility: Soluble in water
Common Uses of Baking Soda in Cosmetic Formulation:
- To adjust PH level of cosmetic formulations. As an alkaline, Baking Soda is used to raise the PH of a formulation to a desired level.
- The main ingredient in bath bombs: Sodium Bicarbonate or Baking Soda is what makes Bath Bombs make the fizzing reaction when it comes in contact with water;
- As an ingredient in DIY deodorants
- As an ingredient in DIY teeth-whitening products
- Baking Soda is commonly used in home cleaning and laundry – it helps remove tough stains and grease; cleans mildew from bathrooms.
- Odor Neutralizer: Baking Soda is used at homes to eliminate odors in the fridge, microwaves, ovens, toilets and more.
*NOTE: This is sold for use in cosmetic formulations only – use for formulation of cosmetic and personal care products.