Sulfur Powder (Yellow Sulphur Powder)
₦1,300.00 – ₦8,500.00
INCI Name: Sulfur
Other Names: Brimstone, Brim Stone, yellow sulfur powder, sulphur powder
Obtained From: Naturally-occurring volcanic rocks/ brimstone deposits
Appearance: Yellow Fine Powder, Smooth Powder
Smell: Faint rotten egg odour
Solubility: Not soluble in water, oil or alcohol [Dispersible/ Miscible in water; Mixes with oils]
Usage Rate: 1-5%
Uses in Formulation: Lotions and creams, ointments, masks, soaps, repairing hair creams, salves, balms
Properties of Yellow Sulfur Powder & Benefits to the Skin
- Antibacterial and Antiseptic Property: DIY and store-bought Sulphur ointments are commonly used to relieve skin rashes, eczema, acne, scabies and other skin irritations
- Anti-fungal property
- Keratolytic/ Mild Exfoliating Property: Due to its keratolytic property, skincare products containing Sulphur powder helps loosen and shed dry/ scaly or dull top layers so that healthier and brighter new skin cells will come to the surface
- Relieves Acne: Sulphur is helpful for Acne Skin Types due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties
- Unclogs Pores of Excess Sebum and Oil: Due to its oil-absorbing properties, Sulfur helps unclog the pores, absorb excess oil from the face to prevent acne and also keep the face shine-free.
- Anti-Dandruff and Anti-Itch Property: Sulphur ointments and Sulphur hair grease help relieve dandruff and itchy scalp.
*NOTE: Colour of this naturally-derived product may vary slightly from batch to batch, as nature rarely makes things in exact same copies. *This is a cosmetic grade product; For external use only (not to be consumed internally/ eaten).