Beetroot Powder (Beet Powder)
₦2,500.00 – ₦9,000.00
INCI Name: Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Powder
Other Names: Red Beet, Beet, Garden Beet, Beet Powder
Appearance: Bright red powder
Derived From: Dried and ground roots/ taproot part of Red Beet plant.
Storage: Store in a tightly sealed container, away from heat, direct sun and moisture.
Shelf Life: 12 Months
Common Uses of Beetroot Powder:
- Natural soap colourant in soap making
- Natural colour for lotions, creams, body scrub, bath bomb, and more
- Ingredient for DIY face mask
- Ingredient for DIY Hair mask
- As an ingredient in formulation of skincare products
- Natural hair dye (Beet root hair dye) to get a burgundy-red tint/ colour to the hair;
- Natural colourant for lip balms to get a rosy-pink hue/ tint (natural pink lips ingredient);
- Added to smoothies for nutritional benefits
- Mixed with water to make Beetroot Juice
- Added to cooking including baked food, soups and sauces
Usage Rates/ Formulation Notes (Beet Powder)
Beetroot Powder has a catchy, bright deep pink colour but it doesn’t come out the same in soaps. Below is a guide on how to pre-mix and use Beetroot Powder to colour soap. We highly advice that you first do a small test-batch or batches with different quantities of Beet Powder to confirm that you like the final soap colour – before colouring a bigger soap batch with Beetroot Powder.
For Cold Process Soap Making: Add some Beetroot Powder to your oil(s), and then the stick-blend to get it properly dispersed in the oil. *NOTE that Beet Root Powder turns bar soaps between yellow and brown colour, depending on the quantity of powder used. The soap gradually fades to a gray or brown colour.
For Melt and Pour Soap Making: Add some Beetroot Powder to a small amount of Vegetable Glycerin. The resulting colour is between a deep pink colour to Purple coloured oil.