Horsetail Powder (Shavegrass Herb)
₦2,000.00 – ₦8,500.00
Horsetail Powder is a nutrient-rich herbal powder that is derived from ground, dried Horsetail leaves. It is rich in Silica and other hair- and skin-loving minerals and nutrients. The plant is a skinny, bamboo-like, grass-like herb and derives its name from its look/ appearance – the plant looks like the body-hairs and tail of a horse.
INCI Name: Equisetum Arvense
Other Names: Shavegrass Herb (Powder)
Appearance: Green to brown powder colour
Derived From: Dried Horsetail Plant/ Herbs
Also Written As: Horse Tail Powder
Horsetail Powder is Rich in: Silica, Selenium and Cysteine. Also contains vitamins and minerals (vitamin C, zinc, selenium, calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, riboflavin, and niacin).
Common Uses of Horsetail Powder
- As a Haircare Ingredient (for DIY hair mask, formulation of shampoos and conditioners, hair creams and more).
- As a skincare Ingredient (for DIY facial masks, formulation of toners and facial cleansers, face wash, face creams,
- As a nail-strengthening supplement
- Consumed as herbal tea
- Eaten as a vegetable (raw or steamed)
- Used traditionally and historically for medicinal purposes to treat various ailments
Horsetail Powder Benefits for Hair
- Promotes hair growth and healthy hair follicles due to its ability to stimulate blood flow to the scalp and hair follicles.
- Helps detoxify and dep-cleanse the hair due to its antioxidant properties.
- Stimulates hair growth, due to its rich Silica content, Selenium and Cysteine contents.
- Horsetail Powder helps add shine and gloss to the hair
- Horsetail Powder helps conditions and restores the hair to a healthy state
- Horsetail Powder is a natural DHT Blocker. This herbal powder helps stop/ prevent hair loss, due to its ability to block DHT (which causes hair loss), thereby promoting hair growth.
- Horsetail Herb Powder helps strengthen the hair shafts and improves the elasticity of the hair fiber, ultimately promoting the growth of healthy hair and reducing breakage;
- Minimizes scalp inflammation inflammation such as dandruff, due to its Silica content.
Benefits of Horsetail Powder for the Skin
- Antioxidant Property: Due to its rich antioxidant content, Horsetail Powder helps protect the skin and hair against damaging free radicals and environmental stressors, including UV/ sun damage.
- Skin Tightening and Smoothing Properties: Helps stimulate collagen production to improve skin texture and appearance, and ultimately lead to a younger-looking and firmer skin.
- Anti-inflammatory Property: Horsetail Powder helps reduce swelling and redness in inflamed and irritated skin, or sensitive skin. This makes products with Horsetail Powder suitable for sensitive and irritated/ inflamed skin types.
- Cleansing and Astringent Properties: Due to its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, Horse tail Powder helps cleanse and unclog pores of the skin, minimizing the size of large pores. This makes products with Horsetail Powder suitable for oily and acne-prone skin types.
- Products with Horsetail Powder is suitable for dry, eczema and dermatitis skin types.
*NOTE: The information on this page is for educational purposes only. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any ailment or disease.