Mandelic Acid Powder
₦3,000.00 – ₦5,800.00
Mandelic Acid is an AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) derived from the Bitter Almonds, and is used in skincare for its chemical exfoliation property. It’s milder than other AHAs (has minimal irritation). This ingredient can be found on the labels of many leave-on products targeted at acne skin, spot reduction, and anti-aging.
INCI Name: Benzeneacetic Acid Powder
Appearance: White crystalline powder
Ingredient Type: AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid)
Ingredient Function: Mild Exfoliant, Lightening/ brightening active
Derived From: Naturally derived from bitter almond plant. It’s also synthetically produced.
Solubility: Soluble in water at 25°C. Also soluble in Ethanol. (Not very soluble in water if used at more than 15% concentration).
Stable PH Range: 3.5
Usage Rate: 1-10%
Storage: Store at room temperature, in a tightly sealed container, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
Shelf Life: 3 years
Application/ Common Uses: Chemical peels, leave-on products including serums and toners, lotions and creams, and gentle exfoliating facial cleanser, face wash and more.
- Add to the water phase of your formulation (without heat), or when the formulation has emulsified.
- Can be added at the end or the formulation or cool-down phase;
- Mandelic Acid is sensitive to heat, and so ensure to keep the formulation below 60°C.
- Clinical Study results showed that a combination of Mandelic Acid and Salicylic Acid was more effective than Glycolic Acid in fading dark spots and hyperpigmentation caused by pimple/ acne scars.
Mandelic Acid Benefits For the Skin
- Ant-aging benefits: Mandelic Acid helps smoothen and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin texture: Mandelic Acid helps smoothen rough skin;
- Skin Brightening: Mandelic Acid helps even out the skin tone by fading dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
- Exfoliation Properties: Mandelic Acid promotes shedding of dull and dead skin cells
- Suitable for acne and sensitive skin types
*NOTE: This is a cosmetic grade product for professional use only. For external use only (not to be consumed internally/ eaten). Intended to be used only for formulation of cosmetic & personal care products. **It is the sole responsibility of the buyer or user to research and be knowledgeable about how to use or formulate with any ingredient prior to purchasing it.
You may also like…
- Powders & Flowers, Powder Actives, Ingredients, Actives
Hyaluronic Acid Powder
- ₦1,600.00 – ₦25,000.00
- Select options
- Ingredients, Skincare Acids, Actives
Salicylic Acid Liquid (Solution)
- ₦2,500.00 – ₦17,000.00
- Select options
There are no reviews yet.