Spirulina Powder (Algae)
₦2,300.00 – ₦8,500.00
INCI Name: Spirulina Platensis Powder
Other Names: Spirulina Algae Powder, Blue-Green Algae
Derived From: Grows in ponds, lakes and rivers
Appearance: Dark green to bluish-green powder
Smell: Unpleasant odour
Contains: 70% Protein content, iron and fatty acid
Spirulina Uses for the Skin and Hair
- Natural soap colourant for bar soaps, to achieve a light to dark green colour, or blueish-
- Formulation ingredient for skin and hair care products.
- Formulation of face masks
- Formulation of anti-aging and skin regenerating creams
- For Soap Colouring: Add Spirulina Powder into your soap making oils for a beautiful, natural, blue-green colour.
Other Uses of Spirulina: Added to smoothies and healthy juices, consumed as food in parts of Africa.
Examples of Products Formulated with Spirulina Powder: purifying and detoxifying face mask, face serum, cleansing bar soap, anti-aging and skin-firming/ tightening body butter or other alga-based skin and hair care products.
Spirulina Powder Benefits to the Skin and Hair
- Promotes hair growth
- Skin Purification, Cleansing and Detoxification
- Antioxidant properties
- Anti-aging Benefits: Spirulina helps slow down the aging of skin cells, due its Tyrosine content;
- Boosts collagen production
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Firms/ Tightens sagging skin
Spirulina Benefits for the Hair
- Hydrating: Spirulina Powder helps make the hair moisturized.
- Promotes hair growth: Spirulina contains ingredients needed for a healthy hair growth.
- Helps Fight dandruff due to its antimicrobial properties
- Prevents and repairs hair loss due to its antioxidant content, which enables it to prevent oxidative stress and free radicals;
- Prevents and fights dandruff due to its antimicrobial properties
- Leaves the hair glossy
- Helps slow down the appearance of gray hairs
Spirulina Benefits for the Skin
- Clarifies and dexotifies the skin to leave the complexion looking brighter
- Anti-aging properties due to its antioxidant content
*NOTE: The information on this page is for educational purposes only. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any ailment or disease. **Colour of this plant-derived product may vary slightly from batch to batch, as nature doesn’t always make exact duplicates.