Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (SAP) Powder
₦1,800.00 – ₦6,500.00
Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (SAP) Powder is a stable, water-soluble derivative of Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) that is proven to help brighten the skin tone, reduce hyperpigmentation and also smoothening wrinkles and fine lines. Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (SAP) is more stable in water-based formulations than regular Ascorbic Acid, and is mild (does not irritate the skin).
INCI Name: Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (SAP) Powder
Ingredient Type: Antioxidant, skin brightener
Appearance: Crystalline, White Powder
Solubility: Water-soluble. Slightly soluble in Propylene Glycol and Glyecerol.
Usage Rate: 0.2% to 2%; Brightening products: up to 3-5%
Storage: Store in a tightly sealed contained, away from light and moisture, at below 25°C.
Common Products Formulated with SAP: Anti-aging skincare products, dark skin corrector, skin brightening/ lightening serums or creams/ lotions, suncare products
- Pre-dissolve SAP in water before adding to your formulation
- Add to water phase of your formulation at temperature 40°C or lower, as SAP is heat-sensitive.
- SAP is PH-dependent. Adjust final PH to 6.5 using a PH buffer. It’s also recommended to add a chelating agent.
- Optimum PH: SAP is Stable in Formulations at PH Range: 6 – 7 (best at 6.5)
- Store finished products containing SAP at a temperature below 25°C.
- NOTE: According to research, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (SAP) in aqueous solutions is not as stable as the solid form. In formulations, SAP degrades and discolours under unfavourable conditions such as low PH, and heat/ high temperature, moisture, and heavy metals. (Source1, Source2, Source3).
BENEFITS OF SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE (SAP) TO THE SKIN
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (SAP) is more stable in skincare forlulations than regular Ascorbic Acid Powder
- SAP is milder than other forms of vitamin C
- Antioxidant properties: SAP protects the skin against UV damage, and helps reverse UV-damage in skin.
- Promotes collagen production
- Prevents hyperpigmentation and reduces discolouration
- Anti-ageing properties: SAP helps smoothen wrinkles and also increases skin elasticity
- Has skin soothing properties
- Skin Brightening Properties: SAP helps brightens dull skin and evens-out the skin
- Boosts Sunscreens: SAP helps improve the photoprotective properties of sunscreens, and helps prevent sunburn
- Relieves acne: A study showed that a 1% concentration of Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate had antimicrobial effects
- against acne for eight hours
- Cleansing Properties: SAP has cleansing properties that help eliminate the buildup of excess sebum in oily skin types.
You may also like…
- Powders & Flowers, Powder Actives, Ingredients, Actives
Hyaluronic Acid Powder
- ₦1,600.00 – ₦24,000.00
- Select options
- Ingredients, Actives
D-Panthenol Powder (Vitamin B5)
- ₦3,500.00 – ₦14,000.00
- Select options
There are no reviews yet.