Glycolic Acid (Liquid) – 70% Solution
₦1,300.00 – ₦16,000.00
Ingredient Type: Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), Exfoliant
INCI: Glycolic Acid
Other Names: Glycolic Acid solution, liquid Glycolic Acid, Hydroxyacetic Acid
Concentration: 70% Glycolic Acid (unbuffered solution).
Appearance: Transparent/ clear, light yellow liquid
Smell: Characteristic odour
Ingredient PH Value: 0.5 to 2
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place, away from light
Common Uses of Glycolic Acid in Skincare: Spa use, Exfoliating products, peels, toners, cleansers, creams and lotions, face masks.
Formulation and Usage Guide:
- Ensure to test and balance the final product for safe pH, due to the acidity of Glycolic Acid.
- Optimal pH range in formulations: 3.5 to 5.0.
- The formulation could later separate if PH value of the final product is too low and not stabilized.
- Typical usage level in skincare peels is between 1-20% Glycolic Acid/ AHA.
- To make a 10% peel, use about 14.5% of Glycolic Acid 70% solution
- For making a 5% AHA peel, use about 7.2% of Glycolic Acid 70% solution
- For making a 20% AHA peel, use about 28.5% of Glycolic Acid 70% solution
*NOTE: For DIY home use, it is not recommended to make Glycolic Acid peels above 20% concentration.
Benefits of Glycolic Acid to the Skin
- Helps fade hyperpigmentation and dark spots
- Stimulates new skin cells
- Promotes the shedding (exfoliation) of dull and old surface skin cells to reveal new and brighter skin
- Helps hydrate the skin
- Promotes a youthful-looking skin
- Helps improve skin elasticity
- Helps reduces the size of enlarged pores
- Helps reduce the appearance wrinkles and fine lines
*NOTE: This is a cosmetic grade product for professional use only. For external use only (not to be consumed internally/ eaten). Use only for formulation of cosmetic & personal care products.
You may also like…
- Powders & Flowers, Powder Actives, Ingredients, Actives
Hyaluronic Acid Powder
- ₦1,600.00 – ₦25,000.00
- Select options
There are no reviews yet.